Dave (courier_iii) wrote,
Dave
courier_iii

A Not So Random Thought

I was still working on my kitchen project today.
Was trimming wallpaper back from around an electrical outlet
to reduce the possible fire hazard before putting the plate back on.
The knife slipped and hit the side of the plug. I got "nipped" - a minor
shock. Noted it, but didn't even think much more about it.

A bit later, I noted the under-the-counter light across the room was off.
Went to turn it on and realized the whole circuit was out. That "ground fault"
detector that I'd put in a couple of years ago 'because it's a kitchen and you
should have them' had done it's job.

It could have been worse, much worse.

Lapses happen, accidents happen. You have to out think them.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 5 comments